Salutations, fellow geeks! Can you believe it’s August already? The 4th annual Geekend conference in Savannah, GA is just around the corner and we can’t wait!
If you’ve attended Geekend before, you know what’s in store. If you haven’t, these top 10 reasons to attend Geekend may give you a better idea of how it all goes down.
- 10. Geekend isn’t your average conference. Expect the unexpected! For those of you who have seen Baratunde Thurston’s keynote speech from last year, you know what we’re talking about.
- 9. By attending Geekend, you automatically become an honorary part of our tribe! Snag your ticket early and you may even get a free t-shirt.
- 8. Geekend is affordable! We’re offering Early Bird ticket prices through August 15. Also, Geekend attendees can score sweet hotel deals from our partners!
- 7. Savannah is an awesome location for a conference. The small town vibe makes after-session mingling much more convenient. And our ghosts are very friendly!
- 6. You’ll be helping out the local Savannah community! We’re working to let public school teachers in on the geeky goodness. We’re all about sharing the wealth of information with students!
- 5. Our afterparties rock the house. We literally shut down streets and take over the town for a night. That’s just how we roll.
- 4. Looking to impress your boss with tech-savvy skills? Geekend is the place to be. Heck, you may even be the next Steve Jobs! (Or maybe not…)
- 3. Geekend is an awesome place to make lasting friendships and business contacts with geeks from across the globe. Everyone who comes is super cool, smart and friendly! Attendees of all ranks come from major brands, start-ups, creative agencies, game development companies, dot coms and top social networks.
- 2. Our selection of superstar speakers is sure to blow you away. Stay tuned for more information on this year’s schedule!
- 1. The geek gods may strike down no-shows. Fair warning.
Help us continue to make history by being a part of the event this year! See you this November 8-10!