Day 2 – check! Friday at Geekend was filled with awesomeness, but there’s no surprise there. We chilled with the finest from across the globe as we learned to leverage Google Analytics, create handmade websites and even rock out kazoo-style, among many other geek-tastic topics.
And if you missed Baratunde Thurston’s keynote about his work at The Onion, well… you’re a racist.
Here’s the usual roundup of tweets and quotes to sum up the stellar lineup of sessions:
- “Love what you do & do what you love” – Chris Craft & Lamar Gillam
- @TinaArnoldi if you’re at #geekend don’t forget to @geeksnap with #geekend signs and program guides! pic.twitter.com/598HpuMP
- @teller Linus goes meglomaniac on stage: “Create your own personal army, they will do as you say!” #flattr #geekend
- @halthomas Totally blown away by all five #Hackathon creations. I can’t believe they made this stuff in 24 hours. Amazed. #geekend
- @naolmg “If your the biggest fish in the pond…get the f*** out that pond” -@professordaddyo #geekend #geekend2011
- @TinaArnoldi Creativity is a lifestyle, not an occupation#geekend
- @ErikReagan #geekend would be worth it even if it was just @baratunde for one night.
- @Geekend2011 #HowToBeBlack “If you don’t buy this book, you’re a racist.” #Geekend #Hilarious @baratunde @TheOnion
- @Geekend2011 “If people can’t read between the lines, they shouldn’t be reading.” ;] #fk100 #Geekend @baratunde
- @halthomas Fact: @baratunde has some sweet dance moves. #thingsyoulearnattheafterafterparty #geekend