Now that we’ve had time to recover from the greatness that is Geekend, let’s reminisce about the good times that were had during Day 3.
After a great night at The Distillery Friday night and a caffeine-induced energy boost during Coffee and Conversation the next morning, we let the good times roll. Literally. We cruised in GM’s EN-V, channeled our inner child through Dr. Seuss mobile apps and connected the real world to the geek world via image recognition.
Then we heard from the woman of the hour, Vivian Rosenthal of GoldRun, as she spoke to us about the magic of mobile augmented reality (AR) and virtual commerce. Yes, we live in the future. It’s true.
We couldn’t make this up. Check it out.
- @ktmel Savannah sunrise over the water #favoritemoments #geekend Best part of the day! @ Riverfront Savannah instagr.am/p/TzIuo/
- @JenEcclestone: The @chevrolet #ENV s are here, so excited! Get pumped #geekend http://t.co/j65ieANQ
- @jobrodesign “Creatives no longer control every presentation of their portfolio” – @kstohl #geekend #sa111
- @TinaArnoldi Tablet doesn’t equal mobile, just a personal preference for some users surfing at home #geekend
- @megcouch “Those who can envision a plausible future that’s brighter than today will earn the opportunity to lead.” – Ray Ozzie #geekend #qotd
- @clarkcreative @geekend2011 you’ve hit a home run with speakers this year. SLAP CLAP!! #geekend
- @percocetrhi I already like this talk about branding with Pete Hottelet! He buys baby viking helmets! @omnicorp #geekend#sb111
- @DavdezHernandez: If you brand correctly, the Internet becomes your vending machine! – Hottlete. Great presentation. #geekend
- @clayduda: Couple’s Burger King fight live tweeted, featured on ABC n.pr/u4tQAp cc: @nvechols #geekend
- @bryin4 “Digital seduction : we have become the technology. Science fiction becomes science.” @vivianrosenthal #geekend
- @getcariedaway A bride riding a mechanical bull. Only in #savannah. #geekend http://t.co/DewhEcJO
To our attendees, speakers, hackers and afterparty crashers: We can’t thank you enough for coming out. You are amazing. We love you.
Stay tuned for videos of the 2011 sessions if you missed it! Now, we leave you with one number. 2012.