Geekend is for people from all walks of life. That’s why we’re excited to announce the Geekend Scholars program. Geekend Scholars provides full-attendance scholarships to individuals from underrepresented minority groups in tech and innovation.
Eligible groups include:
• Ethnic minorities: Black/African American; Hispanic/Latinx, Native American/American Indian, Pacific Islander
• Members of the LGBTQ community
• Military veterans
• Individuals age 55 and older
• Individuals with physical or mental disabilities
• Individuals from low-income households
If you are selected as a Geekend Scholar, you will receive:
• A full scholarship to attend both days of Geekend on Friday & Saturday, April 26 & 27
• An invitation for you and a guest to Geekend’s VIP reception on Thursday, April 25
• Priority access to workshops, round tables and other activities with limited capacity
• A special conference badge identifying you as a Geekend Scholar
The 2019 application deadline is Friday, March 22.